Important! Those who want to participate should be in the water and ready to have fun by 10:30 am. Lunch will follow at 12:30.
As per Randy the "Fun and Games Coordinator", the following is the tentative activities list:
1) A 100 yard dash (or thereabouts) - Everyone lines up between two starting line buoys and sprints to a second set of buoys. First one over the line wins bragging rights for the summer. Hopefully someone will record this so we can see how everyone does relative to one another. A short, fat boat isn't likely going to win overall.
2) A Rescue Race - Participants will be divided into teams of two, each team consisting of a rescuer and a victim. The race will begin with all the victims capsizing at the opposite end of the course from the rescuers, the rescuers will paddle the length of the course and rescue their victims. The victims, once back in their boats and with sprayskirts in place, will paddle back down the course to finish the race.
3) A Relay Race - Each team will consist of four paddlers + one passenger. Each paddler will be responsible for one leg the race:
1st Paddler - Forward paddling
2nd Paddler - Backwards paddling
3rd Paddler - Greenland Storm paddle
4th Paddler - Carrying a passenger (beginning but not necessarily
ending back-to-back with the paddler).
4) Speed Rolling - Who can complete five sequential rolls of any type the fastest. Timed.
5) The Big Roll - Hopefully everybody who can roll (even if you need a paddle float) will participate. Were going to try a sequential group roll again, but this time, with everybody rolling on one side only - with lefties and righties pointing in opposite directions so that everybody goes over on the same side. Everyone, try to maintain close, uniform spacing with your neighbors.
6) Obstacle course - A timed race with some twists and turns in it to give the shorter boats a chance to shine.
The Connyak BBS