Will you start sea kayaking this summer? If so, here is a good step in the right direction, an on-land seminar given by the Coast Guard Auxiliary in Milford, CT., Timothy Mulherin, Instructor
Sea Kayaking and Paddling Safely
A comprehensive 1 day classroom course—
that could save your life!
U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, Flotilla 24-3, http://a0142403.uscgaux.info/
Saturday March 17, 2010
Some highlights include:
– Making Safety a mindset
– Understanding Tidal Waters
– Sudden Cold Water Immersion
– Currents and Tides and how they affect your trip
– Weather: Wind, Clouds, Storms: and what to do
– Navigation: Nautical charts, Compass use, and Plotting courses
– Proper Communications with the Coast Guard, and others
– Safety Equipment you need, and it’s correct use
– How to deal with Commercial shipping, Ferries, etc.
– Emergencies on water, and how to handle them
– What to know before you buy a Sea Kayak
To reserve a seat call Steve Perrone 203-387-3659
Registration 8:00 am; class starts promptly at 8:30 am, ends 4:30 pm.
Fee $60 per person. Bring your own lunch. Coast Guard Auxiliarists should pre-register, no fee.
Flotilla 73 Training Facility: 203-874-0200
1 Helwig St. Milford, CT 06460
Additional Information email@example.com
The Connyak BBS