: If we're going to do some kind of demo, wouldn't make sense to do it out on
: the island where all the kayakers are?
I am sure what ever ConnYak choose to do will be good for everyone. I am not sure which way you are saying, but either way it would be great to have the ConnYak Rescue Clinic in Norwalk...
1) I think making the ConnYak Rescue Clinic demo on Shea Island and part of the Jamboree is a keen idea. There will be many kayakers camping on the island interested in participating in the ConnYak Rescue Clinic, but I do not know if they will paddle the four miles just to watch the domo on Calf Pasture Beach.
2) a ConnYak Rescue Clinic on Calf Pasture Beach will draw some people to the park, and these people might choose to come to the Jamboree after the clinic....which is good for the Jamboree
3) the Coast Guard Auxiliary Norwalk Flotilla will have an open house that same day at the Coast Guard Auxiliary building in Calf Pasture Beach Park. The ConnYak Rescue Clinic on Calf Pasture Beach would add to their event.
4) people going to the Jamboree on Saturday may stop at Calf Pasture Beach to watch the ConnYak Rescue Clinic and may go to the Coast Guard Auxiliary open house but they will be press for time to get to Shea Island to participate in the Jamboree.
5) everyone participating in the ConnYak Rescue Clinic should send there name to me to get on the Jamboree parking list.
The Connyak BBS